Build the knowledge and understanding of garment technology essential to any designer
In today's competitive fashion industry, it is essential that designers have a working understanding of garment technology. This 2nd edition has been comprehensively updated, with in-depth information on stitches, guides and attachments and sewing techniques, all of which are fully illustrated. There are enhanced chapters on machine and equipment technology explaining the uses, features and limitations of garment manufacturing equipment, enabling designers to create products that can be manufactured efficiently and with a high degree of quality.
- Approached from the fashion designer's mindset, this book features illustrations to help users build their knowledge and understanding
- Blends theoretical and practical material
- Updated with the latest and most modern advances in clothing technology
- Illustrated throughout to help shape the reader's knowledge and understanding of garment technology
Wiley; November 2011
- ISBN: 9781119952466
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Cooklin's Garment Technology for Fashion Designers
- Author: Gerry Cooklin; Steven George Hayes; John McLoughlin; Dorothy Fairclough
About The Author
Steven Hayes, Principal Lecturer in Technology at Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), has extensive experience in technology management, clothing engineering and fashion economics as a researcher, practitioner and educator.
John McLoughlin has considerable experience in the clothing industry both as a senior engineer and manager. John is now a Senior Lecturer in Fashion technology at MMU specializing in manufacturing technology, quality management and textile materials.
Dorothy Fairclough is a Senior Lecturer in Garment Technology at MMU and has substantial experience within the fashion industry, including being a designer/pattern cutter and a garment technologist.