'Tim Baker's new book revolutionizes the way to view and conduct employee appraisals. His method is brilliant in its simplicity and highly effective in its approach. 'The End' for the traditional performance review but just the beginning for a groundbreaking new model.'
- Marshall Goldsmith, global leadership thinker and million-selling author or editor of 32 books, including the New York Times bestsellers, MOJO and What Got You Here Won't get You There
'Dr Baker leads the world in offering an innovative new approach to appraising employee performance. His research and energy in the specialised field of performance management is evidenced by his international profile as a renowned speaker, management consultant and facilitator.'
- Stephen Hartley, Australia's leading expert on project management and author of Project Management: Principles, Processes and Practice
'I believe this book will revolutionize the way we appraise performance in the modern workplace.'
- Brent D. Peterson, Ph.D., co-author of Fake Work: Why People are Working Harder Than Ever but Accomplishing Less, and How to Fix the Problem
'Don't read this book- that is if you are happy with average performance. For HR Professionals and Managers whose careers depend on creating a culture of high performance and delivering performance outcomes , this book is an absolute must read.'
- Danny Hovey, National Manager of Organizational Development, Aurizon
'A very thought provoking and alternative way to consider the age old performance management issue. The tools provided to assist in opening and continuing the dialogue between an employee and their supervisor are extremely valuable. The End of the Performance Review has definitely made me reconsider our processes, conversations and supervisor preparation.'
- Barbara Miller, Director of People and Culture, CQUniversity, Austrailia
'My clients love using the 5 Conversations! I think it is a very good process and it has a huge amount of value for organisations who commit to taking it on.'
- Anne Tocker, HR Manager, Watts Next
"Companies need an entirely new approach to performance management. Baker offers an alternative model in a book that is practical in approach and features case studies, interviews and templates."
- Frank Dillon, The Irish Times
Tim Baker is an international consultant with 17 years of experience, and Managing Director of WINNERS-AT-WORK Pty Ltd, which specialises in assisting small, medium and large organisations to manage performance. He is a published author, executive coach, trainer, visiting university lecturer, and keynote speaker. He has degrees in education and psychology and was awarded a doctoral degree from the Queensland University of Technology where his thesis was recognised by the prestigious international Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Awards in 2007. Dr. Baker is author of The 8 Values of Highly Productive Companies (2009) and over 100 journal articles. He serves on the QUT Council, is a Fellow of both the Australian Human Resource Institute and the Australian Institute of Professional Facilitators.