This book guides readers through the professional standards and requirements to reach Qualified Teacher Status, explaining what trainees need to know. The author discusses the best ways of developing mathematical knowledge and teaching skills, and how to acquire the professional know-how needed to complete the training successfully.
- help readers to understand the Standards related to mathematics teaching
- offer detailed guidance on the primary mathematics curriculum
- help readers prepare for the QTS skills test
- help readers to develop the pedagogical knowledge that you need for effective teaching of mathematics
- help readers prepare for school-based training
- provide ideas, suggestions and further reading to support during their training and their NQT year.
This practical guide to meeting the standards is invaluable for students on primary training courses, lecturers and mentors supporting trainees in mathematics education programmes and newly qualified teachers.
Tony Brown taught extensively in primary and secondary schools before becoming an LEA curriculum advisor and working in teacher education. He taught at the College of St Mark and St John in Plymouth for ten years and is currently Head of the Centre for Learning Development at the University of Hull.