This highly illustrated, step-by-step guide gives detailed instructions for dozens of different manipulation techniques, covering all levels of the spine, thorax, and pelvis. It also includes a helpful overview of the principles and theory of spinal manipulation and its use in clinical practice. The accompanying DVD contains video clips demonstrating the techniques described in the book.
The new edition is a highly illustrated, step-by-step guide to 41 manipulation techniques commonly used in clinical practice. The book also provides the related theory essential for safe and effective use of manipulation techniques.
- Provides a comprehensive review of spinal kinematics and spinal positioning and locking.
- The only osteopathic text with a specific focus on the acquisition of skills relating to high velocity low amplitude (HVLA) thrust techniques. A companion DVD provides comprehensive video demonstrations.
- Provides a comprehensive review of the research evidence supporting the use of HVLA thrust techniques in clinical practice.
- Makes clear the risks and emphasises the points to be aware of for safe practice – contains the most current information available relating to safe practice of HVLA thrust techniques.
- Up to date, comprehensive and extensively referenced.
- All the techniques described are illustrated with photographs within the book and supported by demonstration video clips on the accompanying companion DVD.
- Includes a troubleshooting Part on how to deal with difficulties in the application of HVLA thrust techniques.
- Includes video introduction to cervical and lumbar HVLA thrust techniques, kinematics and spinal positioning that also includes unique fluoroscopy of coupled movement in different spinal postures.