A Concise Companion to Shakespeare and the Text
introduces the early editions, editing practices, and publishing history of Shakespeare’s plays and poems, and examines their influence on bibliographic studies as a whole.
- The first single-volume book to provide an accessible and authoritative introduction to Shakespearean bibliographic studies
- Includes a helpful introduction, notes on Shakespeare’s texts, and a useful bibliography
- Contributors represent both leading and emerging scholars in the field
- Represents an unparalleled resource for both students and faculty
Wiley; April 2008
- ISBN: 9781405181488
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: A Concise Companion to Shakespeare and the Text
Series: Concise Companions to Literature and Culture
- Author: Andrew R. Murphy (ed.)
About The Author
Andrew Murphy is Professor of English at the University of St. Andrews. He is the author of Shakespeare in Print: A History and Chronology of Shakespeare Publishing (2003), the editor of The Renaissance Text: Theory, Editing, Textuality (2000), and co-editor of Shakespeare and Scotland (2004).