Won First Prize in the Gastroenterology category of the 2008 BMA Medical Book Competition
To help you accelerate your learning curve, Dr. Cohen offers this helpful new atlas with over 900 endoscopic images. Emphasizing conditions for which NBI is particularly useful – such as finding dysplasia in Barrett’s mucosa and ulcerative colitis and detecting adenomatous colon polyps – Comprehensive Atlas of High Resolution Endoscopy and Narrowband Imaging gives you an exceptional preview of the future of endoscopy, with a broad new look at normal and abnormal findings throughout the GI tract.
The book is divided into three main parts:
• The Basics of NBI
• Potential Applications of NBI
• Atlas of 585 colour images, broken into sections on the pharynx and esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon, including correlating histopathology.
The accompanying DVD-ROM includes:
• 55 video clips containing 2 1/2 hours of annotated video to give you a complete sense of how HRE and NBI work and look in real time, including during therapeutic procedures.
• The complete text with a full text and image caption search function
• A database of figures from the book
This spectacular new imaging modality promises to enhance endoscopic decision making in real time, facilitate therapeutic maneuvers, and make tissue sampling more precise. As a tool to guide your mastery of this advance and as a reference for you to use with your patients, colleagues and students, this atlas will find regular use on your desktop and have a noticeable impact on your practice.