This new edition of Accounting Ethics
has been comprehensively updated to deal with the significant changes within the accounting profession since 2002; the authors systematically explore the new range of ethical issues that have arisen as a result of recent developments, including the financial crisis of 2008.
- Highlights the debates over the use of fair-value accounting and principles- versus rules-based standards
- Offers a comprehensive overview of ethics in accounting, as well as an examination of and recommendations for solving the current crisis in this field
- Investigates the nature and purpose of accounting
- Uses concrete examples and case studies, including current situations
- Examines the ethical responsibilities of individual accountants as well as accounting firms
Wiley; February 2011
- ISBN: 9781444395884
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Accounting Ethics
Series: Foundations of Business Ethics
- Author: Ronald F. Duska; Brenda Shay Duska; Julie Anne Ragatz
About The Author
Ronald Duska is The Charles Lamont Post Chair of Ethics and the Professions at the American College as well as the Director of the Center for Ethics in Financial Services. He is the author and editor of several books including, Contemporary Issues in Business Ethics, Ethics for the Financial Services Professional (with Julie Ragatz, 2008), and Moral Development: From Piaget to Kohlberg.
Brenda Shay Duska MT, CPA, is currently a manager at Del Pizzo & Associates, specializing in taxation. She is a member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Society for Financial Service Professionals. She serves on the boards of the non-profit, MusicWorks and the Greater Philadelphia Chapter of the Society for Financial Service Professionals.
Julie Ragatz is Assistant Professor of Ethics at The American College and the Associate Director of The Center for Ethics in Financial Services. She is currently finishing her PhD in philosophy at Temple University where she concentrates on ethical theory and applied ethics.