Workers and their families, employers, and society as a whole benefit when providers deliver the best quality of care to injured workers and when they know how to provide effective services for both prevention and fitness for duty and understand why, instead of just following regulations.
Designed for professionals who deliver, manage, and hold oversight responsibility for occupational health in an organization or in the community, Occupational Health Services guides the busy practitioner and clinic manager in setting up, running, and improving healthcare services for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and occupational management of work-related health issues. The text covers:
- an overview of occupational health care in the US and Canada: how it is organized, who pays for what, how it is regulated, and how workers’ compensation works
- how occupational health services are managed in practice, whether within a company, as a global network, in a hospital or medical group practice, as a free-standing clinic, or following other models
- management of core services, including recordkeeping, marketing, service delivery options, staff recruitment and evaluation, and program evaluation
- depth and detail on specific services, including clinical service delivery for injured workers, periodic health surveillance, impairment assessment, fitness for duty, alcohol and drug testing, employee assistance, mental health, health promotion, emergency management, global health management, and medico-legal services.
This highly focused and relevant combined handbook and textbook is aimed at improving the provision of care and health protection for workers and will be of use to both managers and health practitioners from a range of backgrounds, including but not limited to medicine, nursing, health services administration, and physical therapy.
Taylor and Francis; September 2012
- ISBN: 9781136215605
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Occupational Health Services
- Author: Tee L. Guidotti; M. Suzanne Arnold; David G. Lukcso; Judith Green-McKenzie; Joel Bender; Mark A. Rothstein; Frank H. Leone; Karen O'Hara; Marion Stecklow
About The Author
M. Suzanne Arnold, RN, PhD, Assistant Professor, Occupational Health Program, McGill University, Faculty of Medicine, Canada.
Joel Bender, MD, PhD, FACOEM, Global Medical Director, U.S. Preventive Medicine, Inc., USA.
Judith Green-McKenzie, MD, MPH, FACOEM, FACP, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Occupational Medicine, USA.
Tee L. Guidotti, MD, MPH, FRCPC, FCBOM, FFOM, FACOEM, FACP, DABT, QEP, Vice President for Health/Safety/Environment & Sustainability, Medical Advisory Services, USA.
Frank H. Leone, MBA, MPH, President and CEO, RYAN Associates, and Executive Director, National Association of Occupational Health Professionals (NAOHP), USA.
David G. Lukcso, MD, MPH, FACOEM, Medical Director, Medical Advisory Services, USA.
Karen O’Hara, BA, Managing Editor, UL PureSafety, USA.
Mark A. Rothstein, J.D., Herbert F. Boehl Chair of Law and Medicine, Director, Institute for Bioethics, Health Policy and Law, University of Louisville School of Medicine, USA.
Marion Stecklow, MLT, CHCM, Environmental Health Consultant, USA.
Ian M. F. Arnold, MD, MSc, DOHS, FRCPC, CRSP, CEA, CSPQ, Consultant in Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety, Canada.
Sami A. Bég, MD, MPA, MPH, Associate Medical Director, U.S. Preventive Medicine, Inc., USA.
David J. D'Souza, MD, MPH, FACOEM, FAAFP, Chief, Division of Occupational Medicine, Medical Director, Business Health Services, Beth Israel Medical Center, USA.
Raymond J. Fabius, MD, FAAP, FACPE, Chief Medical Officer, Thomson Reuters Healthcare, USA.
Paul Joos-Vandewalle, MBBCh, Occupational Health & Wellness Consultant, Shi Bisset & Associates, Strategic Partner of CHALLY Group Worldwide, China.
Craig Karpilow, MD, MPH, FACOEM, FRSTM&H, MRO, DME, Medical Director, Occupational Medicine Division, Workplace Medical Corp, Canada.
Ronda Brewer McCarthy, MD, MPH, OSHA and Regulatory Medical Expert Panel, Concentra, Medical Director, City of Waco Employee Health Services, USA.