Philosophy for AS and A Level is an accessible textbook for the new 2017 AQA Philosophy syllabus. Structured closely around the AQA specification this textbook covers the two units shared by the AS and A Level, Epistemology and Moral Philosophy, in an engaging and student-friendly way. With chapters on 'How to do philosophy', exam preparation providing students with the philosophical skills they need to succeed, and an extensive glossary to support understanding, this book is ideal for students studying philosophy.
Each chapter includes:
- argument maps that help to develop student’s analytical and critical skills
- comprehension questions to test understanding
- discussion questions to generate evaluative argument
- explanation and commentary on the AQA set texts
- ‘Thinking harder’ sections
- cross-references to help students make connections
- bullet-point summaries of each topic.
The companion website hosts a wealth of further resources, including PowerPoint slides, flashcards, further reading, weblinks and handouts, all structured to accompany the textbook. It can be found at www.routledge.com/cw/alevelphilosophy.
Taylor and Francis; July 2017
- ISBN: 9781351696142
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Philosophy for AS and A Level
- Author: Michael Lacewing
In The Press
'Michael Lacewing writes in an engaging way and really brings the A-Level philosophy syllabus to life; he focuses not only on the content but on the philosophical method itself. An essential read for any A-Level philosophy student'.
Cressida Tweed, teacher of philosophy at Woodhouse College and Lead philosophy tutor at the National Extension college, UK.
About The Author
Michael Lacewing is a teacher of philosophy and theology at Christ’s Hospital school, and a former Reader in Philosophy and Vice-Principal Academic at Heythrop College, University of London. He is founder of the company A Level Philosophy (www.alevelphilosophy.co.uk), and advises the British Philosophical Association on matters related to philosophy in schools.