Incisive and engaging, The Free Market Existentialist proposes a new philosophy that is a synthesis of existentialism, amoralism, and libertarianism.
- Argues that Sartre’s existentialism fits better with capitalism than with Marxism
- Serves as a rallying cry for a new alternative, a minimal state funded by an equal tax
- Confronts the “final delusion” of metaphysical morality, and proposes that we have nothing to fear from an amoral world
- Begins an essential conversation for the 21st century for students, scholars, and armchair philosophers alike with clear, accessible discussions of a range of topics across philosophy including atheism, evolutionary theory, and ethics
Wiley; August 2015
- ISBN: 9781119121299
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: The Free Market Existentialist
- Author: William Irwin
About The Author
William Irwin is Herve A. LeBlanc Distinguished Service Professor and Chair of Philosophy at King’s College in Pennsylvania. He is the author of Intentionalist Interpretation and scholarly articles on Sartre, Nietzsche, and Heidegger. Irwin originated the philosophy and popular culture genre of books with Seinfeld and Philosophy in 1999 and is currently the General Editor of The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture series.