A cool coding book—just for kids!
When your kid is ready to add coding to their creativity toolbox but you’re not ready to ship them off to coding camp, Getting Started with Coding is here to help them get started with the basics of coding. It walks young readers through fun projects that were tested in the classroom. Each project has an end-goal to instill confidence and a sense of achievement in young coders.
Steering clear of jargon and confusing terminology, Getting Started with Coding is written in a language your child can understand. Plus, the full-color design is heavy on eye-catching graphics and the format is focused on the steps to completing a project, making it approachable for any youngster with an interest in exploring the wonderful world of coding. So why send your kid to a camp when they can become a coding champ—right in the comfort of your living room?
- Introduces the basics of coding to create a drawing tool
- Teaches how to create graphics and apply code to make them do things
- Shows how to make things that respond to motion and collision commands
- Introduces score-keeping and timing into coding
If your child is a burgeoning techy with a desire to learn coding, Getting Started with Coding is the perfect place to start.
Wiley; October 2015
- ISBN: 9781119177197
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Getting Started with Coding
Series: Dummies Junior
- Author: Camille McCue
Imprint: For Dummies
About The Author
Camille McCue, PhD, is a veteran STEM educator who has taught math, computer coding, science, and engineering to young learners in the classroom, online, and on television. She lives in Las Vegas, NV.