FOLLOW THE SUN TO MORE EVIL FUN!
Let the sun shine on your evil side - and have a wicked amount of fun on your way to becoming a solar energy master! In this guide, the popular Evil Genius format ramps up your understanding of powerful, important, and environmentally friendly solar energy - and shows you how to build real, practical solar energy projects you can use in your home, yard - even on the road!
In Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius, high-tech guru Gavin Harper gives you everything you need to build more than 50 thrilling solar energy projects. You'll find complete, easy-to-follow plans, with clear diagrams and schematics, so you know exactly what's involved before you begin.
- Illustrated instructions and plans for 30 amazing pretested solar energy projects that assume no prior experience with energy science
- Explanations of the science and math behind each project
- Projects that progress in difficulty - from simple ones that may inspire science fair entries - all the way to converting a real home to solar energy
- Frustration-factor removal-needed parts are listed, along with sources-plus all the tools you'll need
Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius provides you with complete plans, instructions, parts lists, and sources for:
- Crushed berries solar cell
- Solar "death ray"
- Solar powered hot dog cooker
- Solar furnace
- Sun-powered refrigerator
- Camping shower, oven, and more
- Hot recipes for solar cooking
- Water purifier
- Garden lights
- Solar vehicle
- Environmentally friendly robot
- Much more!
Gavin D. J. Harper is the author of 50 Awesome Auto Projects for the Evil Genius, Build Your Own Car PC, and Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius (all from McGraw-Hill), and has had work mentioned in the journal Science. Harper holds a BSc. (Hons) Technology from the Open University, has completed an MSc. Architecture: Advanced Environmental & Energy Studies, and is currently undertaking further Postgraduate study with the Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology, Loughborough University. Harper will soon be a research student at WISE Research, an alliance between the Centre for Alternative Technology and the University of East London.