With over ten thousand inter-hospital transfers of children and neonates now taking place every year in the UK, this book, and the associated training course run by the Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG) have been developed to provide an introduction to the knowledge required to undertake these transfers.
Paediatric and Neonatal Safe Transfer and Retrieval (PaNSTaR) is aimed at healthcare professionals either beginning their training in paediatric or neonatal transport and those who are involved in undertaking such transfers on an occasional basis.
Developed by a multi-professional group from across the UK, this new title incorporates a systematic approach throughout. This approach is adapted from the adult STaR course and covers the following:
- an overview of the current delivery of children’s transport services
- the ACCEPT approach
- Preparation and Packaging
- practical issues that are encountered during the transfer process from both an equipment and a clinical perspective
- special considerations and circumstances that require additional planning
- useful appendices that contain supporting information, sample checklists and example documentation.
For more details on the ALSG training courses please visit the ALSG website at www.alsg.org