This bestselling guide to the basic theory, skills and applications of cognitive behaviour therapy is fully updated to reflect recent developments in CBT theory. It includes in-depth material on working with diversity, and new case studies and exercises to help you reflect and explore how theory can be used to develop effective practice.
The Companion Website features over 40 videos illustrating the CBT skills and strategies discussed in the book, including:
- Measuring CBT’s effectiveness
- Socratic method and applications
- Physical techniques and behavioural experiments
- Applications of CBT to specific client disorders
- Using supervision in CBT.
SAGE Publications; November 2016
- ISBN: 9781473998261
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: An Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Author: Helen Kennerley; Joan Kirk; David Westbrook
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
This book is not just an introduction to CBT; it is the introduction to CBT. The depth of the authors’ expertise as therapists, supervisors and trainers shines through and their knowledge is shared in an accessible way. The new edition includes several contemporary themes and also provides a companion website with video links. Quite simply, new students of CBT should start here.