Nelson Pediatric Symptom-Based Diagnosis uses a unique, step-by-step, symptom-based approach to differential diagnosis of diseases and disorders in children and adolescents. Conveniently linked to the world’s best-selling pediatric reference, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 20th Edition, it focuses on the symptoms you’re likely to see in general practice, as well as uncommon disorders. You’ll find clear guidance on exactly what to consider and how to proceed when faced with a host of common symptoms such as cough, fever, headache, chest pain, gait disturbances, and many more.
- Features a practical, symptom-based approach that enables you to form an accurate diagnosis.
- Uses the same consistent, step-by-step presentation in every chapter: History, Physical Examination, Diagnosis (including laboratory tests), Imaging, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Covers new approaches to diagnostic imaging and genetic testing, new diagnostic guidelines, BRUE (brief resolved unexplained event), stroke in children, behavior disorders, syncope, recurrent fever syndromes, and much more.
- Includes full-color illustrations, algorithms, tables, and "red flags" to aid differential diagnosis.
- Serves as an ideal companion to Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 20th Edition.