Endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
Support students in mastering the ideas and skills needed to proceed successfully through the Cambridge Primary Science curriculum framework with a wide range of activities and investigations to help you deliver the science mastery approach.
- Establish previous knowledge, skills and understanding of concepts through engaging activities at the start of each unit
- Determine whether students have properly mastered the objectives for each unit with investigations and recap activities at the end
- Expand vocabulary and understanding with key scientific words to learn and practice
- Encourage peer assessment with talk partner activities throughout
- Inspire students to predict and question outcomes and concepts with investigations that demonstrate and test key scientific points
- Evaluate learning with a self-assessment checklist at the end of each unit and a practice test at the end of each chapter for summative assessment purposes
Hodder Education; June 2017
- ISBN: 9781471883927
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Hodder Cambridge Primary Science Learner's Book 1
- Author: Rosemary Feasey
Imprint: Hodder Education
About The Author
Rosemary Feasey is known across the science community for her work in primary science. She has been Chair of the Association for Science Education; her experience is extensive, having taught across the primary age range and trained teachers at both Durham and Northumbria Universities. Rosemary has many publications for major publishers to her name. She is renowned for her in-service work across the UK and is a regular course leader for the Science Learning Network including courses at the National Science Learning Centre, York. Her work has, on many occasions taken her abroad including being part of a writing team for primary science curricula and involved providing CPD to teachers as well as providing intensive support in schools, she has also supported science in British international schools abroad. Her work has also taken her abroad as a key note speaker. Rosemary has worked with the BBC, BBC Scotland and Channel 4 on primary science programmes and was part of a BAFTA nominated team for work on a children's science series. Rosemary also works for the Primary Science Teaching Trust which includes evaluating funded projects, creating CPD units and mentoring members of the PSTT College.