Endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
Support students in mastering the ideas and skills needed to proceed successfully through the Cambridge Primary Science curriculum framework with a wide range of activities and investigations to help you deliver the science mastery approach.
- Establish previous knowledge, skills and understanding of concepts through engaging activities at the start of each unit
- Determine whether students have properly mastered the objectives for each unit with investigations and recap activities at the end
- Expand vocabulary and understanding with key scientific words to learn and practice
- Encourage peer assessment with talk partner activities throughout
- Inspire students to predict and question outcomes and concepts with investigations that demonstrate and test key scientific points
- Evaluate learning with a self-assessment checklist at the end of each unit and a practice test at the end of each chapter for summative assessment purposes
Hodder Education; June 2017
- ISBN: 9781471884009
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Hodder Cambridge Primary Science Learner's Book 3
- Author: Hellen Ward
Imprint: Hodder Education
About The Author
Hellen is a writer, consultant, examiner and Principal Lecturer at the Faculty of Education, Canterbury Christ Church University and Faculty Director for STEM. She is a member of the following professional institutions: Association for Science in Education (ASE), Association for Achievement and Improvement through Assessment (AAIA), National Association of Science Advisers, National Association of Science ITE and British Education Research Association (BETA). She holds a CSci Teach award: This chartered designation requires the recipient to have the skills, knowledge, understanding and expertise to be able to make a major contribution to the advancement of science teaching and learning. The award is further underpinned by an annual requirement to demonstrate involvement in Continued Professional Development (CPD). She has contributed towards many published primary and secondary science resources including those by the DFEE, TTS, ASE and other major publishers.