Barrington Barber presents a range of stimulating projects, from simple still life objects and full-blown landscape compositions to individual portraits. His teaching method ensures that necessary lessons in technique are learnt and employed effortlessly while completing drawings that any aspiring artist would be proud of.
- Lessons and exercises describe the basic skills, from giving the appearance of three-dimensionality to using tone
- Areas covered include the human figure, still life, the natural world and landscapes
- The step-by-step approach shows how to choose subjects, vary techniques and materials and build up compositions
- Encourages pupils to find their own style through experimentation
- Suitable for people with barely any experience of drawing as well as those who would like to refresh their skills
Arcturus Digital Limited; December 2017
- ISBN: 9781788882774
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Drawing Made Easy
- Author: Barrington Barber; Barrington Barber (ill.)
About The Author
Barrington Barber is a renowned authority on teaching drawing and also a practising artist. After training as a graphic designer, he went into advertising, working for top agencies before progressing to freelance design and producing illustrations for a range of books and magazines. He taught art for many years and has written and illustrated books including Everyone Can Draw and The Art of Meditative Drawing. He lives in Wimbledon, London.