Improve Your Interpersonal Skills to Achieve Greater Management Success!
Any formula for management success must include a high level of interpersonal skills. The growing complexity of organizational portfolios, programs, and projects, as well as the increasing number and geographic dispersion of stakeholders and employees, makes a manager's interpersonal skills critical. The frequency and variety of interpersonal interactions and the pressure to perform multiple leadership roles successfully while ensuring customer satisfaction have never been greater.Interpersonal Skills for Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers offers practical and proven tools and methods you can use to develop your interpersonal skills and meet the challenges of today's competitive professional environment.
Develop the interpersonal skills you need to:
• Build effective, high-performing teams
• Work efficiently with virtual teams
• Develop approaches to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Handle stress and deal with unexpected critical incidents
• Motivate your team
Whatever your level of experience, you will find these practical and proven methods to be the best formula for improving your interpersonal skills-and enhancing your management success.
The chapters include discussion questions, making this a perfect text for use in academic or workshop settings.
Berrett-Koehler Publishers; August 2010
- ISBN: 9781523097357
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Interpersonal Skills for Portfolio, Program, and Project Managers
- Author: Ginger Levin
Imprint: Berrett-Koehler Publishers