This straightforward and original text sets out best practice for designing, conducting and analysing research on work with young people. A creative and practical guide to evaluation, it provides the tools needed to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and applied practice.
Written by an experienced, erudite team of authors this book provides clear, pragmatic advice that can be taken into the classroom and the field.
- Provides strategies for involving young people in research and evaluation
- Showcases creative and participatory methods
- Weaves a real world project through each chapter, highlighting challenges and opportunities at each stage of an evaluation; readers are thus able to compare approaches
- Is accompanied by a website with downloadable worksheets, templates and videos from the authors
This is the ideal text for postgraduate students and practitioners who work with young people in the statutory and voluntary sectors.
SAGE Publications; March 2015
- ISBN: 9781473917804
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Evaluation Practice for Projects with Young People
- Author: Kaz Stuart; Lucy Maynard; Caroline Rouncefield
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
This is a vital text, that presents a compelling narrative about the importance of evaluation in youth work practice, and as a youth work tool. It is thorough and detailed, but always accessible; never shying away from challenges but meeting them with optimism. It deftly weaves together theory and practice, and feels above all very alive - full of insight, enquiry and experience.