Get a fast start tousing AlwaysOn, the SQL Server solution to high-availability anddisaster recovery. Read this short, 150-page book that is adapted from PeterCarter’s Pro SQL Server Administration to gain a solid and accurateunderstanding of how to implement systems requiring consistent and continuousuptime.
Begin with anintroduction to high-availability and disaster recovery concepts such asRecovery Point Objectives (RPOs), Recovery Time Objectives (RTO), availabilitylevels, and the cost of downtime. Then move into detailed coverage ofimplementing and configuring the AlwaysOn feature set in order to meet thebusiness objectives set by your organization.SQL Server AlwaysOn Revealed
offers real-world advice on how to build andconfigure the most appropriate topology to meet the high-availability anddisaster recovery requirements you are faced with. Content includes strongcoverage on implementing clusters, on building AlwaysOn failover clusteredinstances, and on configuring AlwaysOn Availability Groups. This is a practicaland hand-on book to get you started quickly in using one of the most talked-aboutSQL Server feature sets.
- Teaches you to build HA and DR solutions using the AlwaysOn feature set
- Provides real-world advice on configuration and performance considerations
- Demonstrates administrative techniques for the AlwaysOn feature set
What You Will Learn
- Understand high availability and disaster recovery concepts and terminology.
- Understand the technologies available, to implement HA and DR.
- Build and configure a Windows Cluster.
- Build and configure an AlwaysOn failover clustered instance.
- Implement AlwaysOn Availability Groups and appropriately configure them.
- Administer AlwaysOn technologies post implementation.
Who This Book Is For
SQL Server AlwaysOn Revealed is for database administrators interested ingrowing their knowledge and skills in Microsoft SQL Server’s high-availabilityand disaster recovery feature set.