Curriculum and curriculum issues are at the heart of current debates about schooling, pedagogy and learning. This book will enable practitioners, scholars and academics to understand how to re-design or to suggest changes to curriculum structure, shape and content. Grounded in theory and philosophy, the book also offers practical help in grasping this controversial area.
Inside, the authors:
- provide practical planning templates
- support and provoke analysis, discussion and experimentation
- include definitions of key terms and reflective questions
- incorporate practical examples and case material based on their work worldwide on curriculum design and evaluation.
SAGE Publications; June 2016
- ISBN: 9781473944114
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Curriculum Development
- Author: Bill Boyle; Marie Charles
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
This interesting book provides those involved in curriculum development, enactment and evaluation with a useful overview and checklist of important themes that can support their work. These themes are informed by the author’s involvement in a range of curriculum development experiences in the UK and elsewhere. Emphasis is placed on the broader goals of education, with a clear warning on the invidious impact of educational reforms that focus narrowly on attainment standards.