Conquer insulin resistance. Reduce cravings. Eat your favorite foods. And lose weight!
If you have tried every diet and are still struggling with your weight, the real culprit may be insulin resistance. When you have more glucose than your body needs, your body responds by producing more insulin to stabilize your blood sugar level and store the excess glucose as fat. In The Insulin-Resistance Diet, Cheryle R. Hart and Mary Kay Grossman show you how to control insulin resistance and lose weight without sacrificing all of your favorite foods.
Overcome insulin resistance and lose weight with:
- The exclusive Link-and-Balance Eating Method, which balances carbs with the right amount of protein at the right time for maximum weight loss
- Self-tests to determine your insulin resistance and check your progress with linking and balancing
- Real-world strategies for eating at home and out on the town
- Easy-to-make, tasty recipes and livable meal plans
McGraw-Hill Education; November 2007
- ISBN: 9780071596312
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: The Insulin-Resistance Diet--Revised and Updated
- Author: Cheryle R. Hart; Mary Kay Grossman
Imprint: McGraw-Hill Education
About The Author
Cheryle R. Hart, M.D., is board certified in bariatrics, the medical specialty of weight management, and in obstetrics/gynecology. She completed her specialty training at the Mayo Clinic and is now in private practice at the Women's Wellness Workshop in Spokane, Washington. She also speaks on “Hormones By Hart” in a wide variety of cities.
Mary Kay Grossman, R.D., is the nutritional advisor of the Women's Wellness Workshop in Spokane and consults privately at her own clinic, YouTrition.