A superior primer on software testing and quality assurance, from integration to execution and automation
This important new work fills the pressing need for a user-friendly text that aims to provide software engineers, software quality professionals, software developers, and students with the fundamental developments in testing theory and common testing practices.
Software Testing and Quality Assurance: Theory and Practice equips readers with a solid understanding of:
- Practices that support the production of quality software
- Software testing techniques
- Life-cycle models for requirements, defects, test cases, and test results
- Process models for units, integration, system, and acceptance testing
- How to build test teams, including recruiting and retaining test engineers
- Quality Models, Capability Maturity Model, Testing Maturity Model, and Test Process Improvement Model
Expertly balancing theory with practice, and complemented with an abundance of pedagogical tools, including test questions, examples, teaching suggestions, and chapter summaries, this book is a valuable, self-contained tool for professionals and an ideal introductory text for courses in software testing, quality assurance, and software engineering.
Wiley; July 2008
- ISBN: 9780470382837
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Author: Kshirasagar Naik; Priyadarshi Tripathy
About The Author
KSHIRASAGAR NAIK, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Previously, he was a software development engineer for Wipro Technologies in Bangalore, India. Dr. Naik has contributed to numerous journal and conference publications in the area of software testing.
PRIYADARSHI TRIPATHY, PhD, is a Senior Manager at NEC Laboratories America, Inc., in Princeton, New Jersey, where he designs, coordinates, and conducts software testing for grid-based storage appliances. Dr. Tripathy has worked in the field of software testing and quality assurance for Nortel Networks, Cisco Systems, and Airvana, Inc. He has also contributed to numerous publications in the area of software testing.