Is your company spending too much time on strategy development—with too little to show for it?
If you read nothing else on strategy, read these 10 articles (featuring “What Is Strategy?” by Michael E. Porter). We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help you catalyze your organization's strategy development and execution.
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Strategy will inspire you to:
- Distinguish your company from rivals
- Clarify what your company will and won't do
- Craft a vision for an uncertain future
- Create blue oceans of uncontested market space
- Use the Balanced Scorecard to measure your strategy
- Capture your strategy in a memorable phrase
- Make priorities explicit
- Allocate resources early
- Clarify decision rights for faster decision making
This collection of best-selling articles includes: featured article "What Is Strategy?" by Michael E. Porter, "The Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy," "Building Your Company's Vision," "Reinventing Your Business Model," "Blue Ocean Strategy," "The Secrets to Successful Strategy Execution," "Using the Balanced Scorecard as a Strategic Management System," "Transforming Corner-Office Strategy into Frontline Action," "Turning Great Strategy into Great Performance," and "Who Has the D? How Clear Decision Roles Enhance Organizational Performance."
Harvard Business Review Press; February 2011
- ISBN: 9781422172056
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: HBR's 10 Must Reads on Strategy (including featured article "What Is Strategy?" by Michael E. Porter)
Series: HBR's 10 Must Reads
- Author: Harvard Business Review; Michael E. Porter; W. Chan Kim; Renée A. Mauborgne
Imprint: Harvard Business Review Press
In The Press
this provides a lot of insight, information, and advice that will help readers.” Free Press Journal
About The Author
Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, 11 international licensed editions, books from Harvard Business Review Press, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review provides professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact.