Practical solutions for implementing RTI and improving student outcomes in Grades 6–12!
This comprehensive book provides the specific guidance secondary administrators need to successfully implement Response to Intervention (RTI) and help their struggling adolescent learners. Using the latest research, the authors identify the current best practices for key components of RTI and demonstrate how teams can work together to implement an assessment- and data-driven decision-making process. The book provides:
- Guidance on building leadership capacity for RTI implementation
- Case studies illustrating middle and high school RTI models
- Instructional strategies for tiers one, two, and three
- Forms, checklists, and Web and print resources
SAGE Publications; October 2009
- ISBN: 9781452207445
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: How RTI Works in Secondary Schools
- Author: Evelyn S. Johnson; Lori A. Smith; Monica L. Harris
In The Press
"To successfully implement an RTI framework in schools, practitioners need very practical, hands-on guidelines and tools for making this new model of school improvement work. The complexity of this task is magnified greatly in secondary schools. This book will be a treasure for educators who want to make dramatic improvements in outcomes for adolescents – especially those who struggle in learning. It not only provides a solid foundation for guiding school improvement, but it details an array of very practical tools that can be used to implement tiered instructional options in middle and high school settings. This book will become a 'go-to resource' for teachers and administrators in middle and high school settings."