Empower teachers as leaders to improve student learning and performance!
With updated research and new teacher inventories and surveys, this third edition of a bestseller draws on the authors’ two decades of experience studying and observing the work of teacher leaders. Katzenmeyer and Moller examine the importance of teacher leadership in improving outcomes in schools, and cover the development of teacher leaders from preservice preparation to careerlong support. The book discusses the challenges that many teacher leaders face, including:
- Deciding to accept a leadership role
- Building principal–teacher leader relationships
- Working with peers
- Facilitating professional learning for themselves and others
SAGE Publications; June 2009
- ISBN: 9781452273983
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Awakening the Sleeping Giant
- Author: Marilyn H. Katzenmeyer; Gayle V. Moller
In The Press
"This seminal text left me nothing short of energized when I first picked it up almost ten years ago. Drawing from their continued experience developing and defining teacher leadership, Katzenmeyer and Moller bring additional transparency to a widely recognized concept that remains poorly understood. Filled with new surveys, tools, and suggestions for today’s teacher leader, the newest edition is simply a must-read for anyone driving meaningful change in the classrooms of our country."