This title will be released on .
This eBook is no longer available for sale.
This eBook is not available in your country.
Already the best-selling English-language guide to the area, universally known as ‘THE BIBLE’, this is the sixth, completely revised, up-to-date, much expanded edition of the DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO THE D-DAY NORMANDY LANDING BEACHES.
The third in the Holts' important series of Battlefield Guides (following the Somme and the Ypres Salient) it employs the same, highly acclaimed formula. Once again, the cold facts are interlaced with anecdotes of bravery, humor, sadness and humanity.
This new edition now contains:
• All the landing Beaches: JUNO, SWORD, GOLD, OMAHA, UTAH
• All the Airborne Operations: British and American
• Two Approach Routes; Six timed and measured Itineraries
• 21 in-text Itinerary maps, Battle maps & Diagrams
• Approximately 400 recommended sites within the D-Day planned area of advance, all with photos, each with Latitude & Longitude references (New for this Edition)
• Over 400 colored pictures, 352 pages
• Memorials / Museums / Batteries / Bunkers / Landing fields
• Allied and German War Cemeteries
• Historical background to the landings
• The Plans and what actually happened
• Information about Allied and German War Graves Associations
• Veterans’ and other commemorative associations
• Normandy tourist information: Where to stay / where to eat
• Cameos about personalities - VCs / MOHs / Poets / Photographers etc…
Packaged with the Battle Map of the Normandy Landing Beaches showing the sea Assault formations for UTAH, OMAHA, GOLD, JUNO and SWORD Beaches and the air Assault Formations round Ste Mere Eglise and Pegasus Bridge; the D-Day Objectives and the Ground Gained on D-Day.
Download file formats
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
Digital Rights Management (DRM)
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
- Adobe Digital Editions (This is a free app specially developed for eBooks. It's not the same as Adobe Reader, which you probably already have on your computer.)