The fast-developing relationship between China and Europe has become one of the most important in international affairs. China-Europe Relations takes an innovative and insightful look at this phenomenon, examining:
- the state of Chinese studies in Europe and European studies in China
- the decision-making behind the EU’s China policy, and what the Chinese perceptions and assessments are of Europe that shape China’s Europe policy
- the recent rapid growth of bilateral commercial and technological relations
- the global context of the bilateral Sino-European relationship, in particular the interaction of China, the EU, and the United States
- prospects for the future evolution of these relationships.
The most systematic and comprehensive study on the subject to date, written by a stellar team of international contributors from China, Europe and the US, China-Europe Relations will appeal to students, academics and policy makers alike who are interested in international relations, comparative foreign policy and Chinese and European politics.
Taylor and Francis; September 2007
- ISBN: 9781134082711
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: China-Europe Relations
- Author: David Shambaugh (ed.); Eberhard Sandschneider (ed.); Zhou Hong (ed.)
About The Author
David Shambaugh is Professor of Political Science and International Affairs. He is also a Nonresident Senior Fellow in the Foreign Policy Studies Program at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C.
Eberhard Sandschneider has been Otto-Wolff-Director of the Research Institute of the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) since 2003.
Zhou Hong is Professor of European Politics and Modern History, and Director of the Institute of European Studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS).