Birdsong is the natural soundtrack to our lives and can evoke a powerful sense of time, place and season. Often profoundly beautiful, it is also the most effective way to discover many birds, and birds' songs and calls reveal much about their lives and behaviour. However, identifying which bird is making which sound can seem challenging.
With this groundbreaking and easy-to-use guide, Adrian Thomas helps you learn and identify bird sounds step by step and at your own pace. Whether you are an experienced birdwatcher or just enjoy hearing the birds in your garden, this new guide will open your ears like never before to the amazing songs and calls around you.
- Includes a sound guide to more than 100 songs and calls of 65 garden, woodland and farmland birds
- A reference section describes in detail the sounds of a further 185 birds of Britain and north-west Europe
- Beautiful colour photographs, annotated sonograms and 'test yourself' sections are also included
- The 74-minute narrated recording can also be downloaded to listen to on the go
Please note that the audio content will only play on devices that support this function. A transcript has been provided for those who cannot listen to the audio on their device and a complimentary digital download of the soundtrack has also been made available. Further details on how to access the complimentary digital download can be found inside the book.
Bloomsbury Publishing; April 2019
- ISBN: 9781472955883
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: RSPB Guide to Birdsong
- Author: Adrian Thomas
Imprint: Bloomsbury Wildlife