Studying the New Testament can be an exciting--and intimidating--experience. This readable survey is designed to make the adventure less daunting and more rewarding. Two experienced classroom teachers offer a new edition of their bestselling and award-winning textbook, now with updated content and a new interior design.
Other distinguishing features include:
• abundant images, maps, and charts--all in full color
• sidebars that address ethical and theological concerns and provide primary source material
• focus boxes isolating key issues
• chapter outlines, learning objectives, and summaries
• study questions
Students of the New Testament will find this introductory text both informative and engaging. An accompanying website through Baker Academic's Textbook eSources offers a wide array of resources for students and professors. Resources for students include flash cards, self quizzes, and introductory videos. Resources for professors include discussion questions, suggestions for class activities, PowerPoint slides, an instructor's manual, and a test bank.
Baker Publishing Group; July 2013
- ISBN: 9781441244765
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Encountering the New Testament (Encountering Biblical Studies)
Series: Encountering Biblical Studies
- Author: Walter A. Elwell; Robert W. Yarbrough
Imprint: Baker Academic