Now revised and updated for the digital era, the classic bestseller How to Start a Conversation and Make Friends has helped hundreds of thousands of people communicate with wit, confidence, and enthusiasm for more than a generation.
Small-talk expert Don Gabor has completely revised and updated this definitive guide, showing how to combine essential techniques in the art of conversation with necessary skills for communicating in the twenty-first century. By following the simple and dynamic guidelines in this easy-to-read book, you’ll be ready to strike up a great conversation anytime, anywhere—whether you’re at a cocktail party or chatting online. Learn how to keep the conversation going by asking the right questions, using body language effectively, and avoiding conversation pitfalls. Combining his tried-and-true methods with a whole new section on communicating online and through social networking, Don Gabor shows you how to:
· Identify your personal conversation style
· Engage in online conversations using proper etiquette and security
· Turn online conversations into face-to-face relationships
· Boost your personal and professional speaking skills to the next level
Packed with charts, hundreds of opening lines, real-life examples, FAQs, helpful hints, and solid professional advice, How to Start a Conversation and Make Friends will help you connect with others at home, work, online, in person, and everywhere in between.
Touchstone; June 2011
- ISBN: 9780743212915
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: How To Start A Conversation And Make Friends
- Author: Don Gabor