You've booked your cruise through Northern Europe: now what? Explore Europe's magnificent port cities with Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports!
Europe's majestic port cities are at your fingertips with Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports
- Rick Steves' expertise on how to have a meaningful cultural experience when you only have a few hours in each city
- Unlike other cruising guidebooks, Rick focuses on the main attraction: the most beautiful cities in Northern Europe
- Full coverage of 18 ports of call
- One-day itineraries for exploring Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Berlin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn, Riga, Gdansk, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Bruges, Bergen, Stavanger, and the Norwegian Fjords
- The best of local flavors, haunts, and landmarks from the top sightseeing destinations to hidden gems
- Rick's reliable tips and candid humorous advice on how to beat the crowds, skip lines, and avoid tourist traps
- Useful tools including logistics for getting from the cruise terminal to town, overviews of each country, maps, photos, and mini-phrasebooks
- Travel strategies covering how to choose, book, and plan your trip, as well as how to save time and money on and off the ship
Cruising the Mediterranean? Pick up Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports!
Full list of coverage: Copenhagen, Denmark; Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Gdansk, Sopot, and the Port of Gdynia, Poland; Berlin, Warnemünde, and Rostok, Germany; Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Flåm, and Geirangerfjord, Norway; Amsterdam, the Netherlands; Bruges, Brussels, Zeebrugge, and Ghent, Belgium; London, Southampton, Portsmouth, Dover, and Canterbury, England; Paris, Le Havre, Honfleur, Rouen, and the D-Day Beaches, France
Avalon Publishing; August 2018
- ISBN: 9780813351650
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports
Series: Rick Steves
- Author: Rick Steves; Cameron Hewitt
Imprint: Rick Steves
About The Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie.
Connect with Rick:
Born in Denver and raised in central Ohio, Cameron Hewitt settled in Seattle in 2000. Ever since, he has spent three months each year in Europe, contributing to guidebooks, tours, radio and television shows, and other media for Rick Steves' Europe, where he serves as content manager. Cameron married his high school sweetheart (and favorite travel partner), Shawna, and enjoys taking pictures, trying new restaurants, and planning his next trip.