Keeping the Republic gives students the power to
Keeping the Republic, Brief Edition
- examine the narrative of what′s going on in American politics,
- distinguish fact from fiction and balance from bias, and
- influence the message through informed citizenship.
, draws students into the study of American politics, showing them how to think critically about "who gets what, and how" while exploring the twin themes of power and citizenship.
The thoroughly updated Ninth Edition
analyzes not only the 2020 election results and Supreme Court rulings, but also examines the activism of the Black Lives Matter movement, political outsiders in campaigns and party nominations, the federal government′s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the presidency of Donald Trump. With students living through one of the most challenging periods in American life, Keeping the Republic, Brief Edition
, is there to be a much-needed resource to help them make sense of politics in America today and become savvy consumers of political information.
Carefully condensed from the full 10th edition by authors Christine Barbour and Gerald C. Wright, Keeping the Republic, Brief Edition
, gives your students the same continuity and crucial content in a more concise, value-oriented package.
This title is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package. Contact your SAGE representative
to request a demo.
- Digital Option / Courseware
SAGE Vantage is an intuitive digital platform that delivers this text’s content and course materials in a learning experience that offers auto-graded assignments and interactive multimedia tools, all carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers simple course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class.
- Assignable Video with Assessment
Assignable video (available with SAGE Vantage) is tied to learning objectives and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life. Watch a sample video now.
- LMS Cartridge: Import this title’s instructor resources into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Don’t use an LMS? You can still access all of the same online resources for this title via the password-protected Instructor Resource Site. Learn more.
- CQ Press Lecture Spark: Designed to save you time and ignite student engagement, these free weekly lecture launchers focus on current event topics tied to key concepts in American Government. Access this week’s topic.