With a focus on case studies of R&D programs in a variety of disease areas, the book highlights fundamental productivity issues the pharmaceutical industry has been facing and explores potential ways of improving research effectiveness and efficiency.
• Takes a comprehensive and holistic approach to the problems and potential solutions to drug compound attrition
• Tackles a problem that adds billions of dollars to drug development programs and health care costs
• Guides discovery and development scientists through R&D stages, teaching requirements and reasons why drugs can fail
• Discusses potential ways forward utilizing new approaches and opportunities to reduce attrition
Wiley; October 2015
- ISBN: 9781118819449
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Attrition in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Author: Alexander Alex; C. John Harris; Dennis A. Smith
About The Author
Alexander Alex, Dr. rer. nat., is director of Evenor Consulting and has over 20 years’ experience as consultant and as director and research fellow in drug discovery in the pharmaceutical industry.
C. John Harris, PhD, is the director of cjh Consultants and has a successful track record in drug discovery, research management, small company fund-raising and start-ups.
Dennis A. Smith, PhD, is an independent consultant with a long track record in drug discovery and development with an emphasis on metabolism and safety. He has published four books, including Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism in Drug Design (1st and 2nd editions) and Reactive Drug Metabolites published by Wiley.