Take control and keep your company competitive.
The controller's role in corporate America has become increasingly crucial and exceedingly complex. So how can new and established professionals enhance their performance and sustain their company's competitive advantage? With The Controller's Function, Third Edition.
From describing essential competencies—cash management, budgeting, fraud prevention and establishing codes for corporate ethical behavior—to detailing the more sophisticated skills like activity-based and target costing, disaster recovery planning, and outsourcing, The Controller's Function expertly balances both the technical and managerial sides of the job.
You'll quickly access information on how to:
- Use electronic spreadsheets for financial analysis
- Successfully implement a shared service center
- Enhance performance through online inventory systems, quick closing procedures
- Selecting adequate accounting software
- Avoid insurance pitfalls through proper planning
Order your copy today!
Wiley; December 2004
- ISBN: 9780471708612
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: The Controller's Function
- Author: Janice M. Roehl-Anderson; Steven M. Bragg
About The Author
Janice M. Roehl-Anderson, MBA, is a principal with Deloitte Consulting LLP, with more than twenty years of consulting experience. She specializes in information systems security; financial and cost accounting system analysis, design, selection, and implementation; and long-range information system planning.
Steven M. Bragg, CPA, CMA, CIA, CPIM, has been the chief financial officer or controller of four companies, as well as a consulting manager at Ernst & Young. He is the author of nineteen books, including Accounting Best Practices, Third Edition and Essentials of Payroll: Management and Accounting, both from Wiley.