Comprehensive text and fifty cases provide everything needed to ace the Emergency Medicine Oral Boards!
This unique exam prep is the first resource to specifically address every key requirement for emergency medicine oral board success: basic exam preparation, managing information; understanding basic principles of care management; and avoiding specific pitfalls. Readers will find a detailed description of the exam, including format, scoring, what to expect on exam day, content, recommended study plan, preparation advice, and additional resources. The text is enhanced by fifty cases, along with the actual dialog that could and should occur during patient simulation—plus images and lab results test takers must be familiar with.
• NEW TO THIS EDITION: All of the fifty cases are completely new
• A complete review of basic management skills, including airway management, shock, trauma, common procedures, and more
• Tips and pearls on what to say, order, and do
• Diagnostic and management algorithms by chief complaint (including pediatric) — everything from abdominal pain to weakness
McGraw-Hill Education; August 2018
- ISBN: 9780071839860
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Oral Boards, Second Edition
- Author: David S Howes; Tyson Pillow; Janis Tupesis; James Ahn; John Dayton; Nestor Rodriguez
Imprint: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
About The Author
David S. Howes, MD is Professor of Emergency Medicine, The University of Chicago.
Tyson Pillow, MD is Assistant Professor, Residency Director, Emergency Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine.
Janis Tupesis, MD is Associate Professor of Medicine, Residency Director, Emergency Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
James Ahn, MD, is an emergency medicine specialist at the University of Chicago Medicine.
John Dayton, MD, is an emergency medicine physician in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Nestor Rodriguez, MD, is an emergency medicine physician in Madison, WI.