Whether your students are HRM majors or general business majors, Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development, Third Edition, will help them develop the skills they need to recruit, select, train, and development talent. Bestselling authors Robert N. Lussier and John R. Hendon explore the important strategic function HR plays in today's organizations. A wide variety of applications, self-assessments, and experiential exercises keep students engaged and help them see the relevancy of HR as they learn skills they can use in their personal and professional lives.
New to this Edition
- Includes all the latest SHRM 2016 Curriculum Guidebook listings that cover every SHRM guide item, including both the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and the Human Resource Certification Institute Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam—a total of more than 210 individual content requirements from the SHRM curriculum guide.
- New and updated cases on businesses such as LinkedIn and Amazon bring HR topics to life, apply the text concepts, develop critical thinking skills, and demonstrate how human resources is used to achieve strategic objectives.
- New Skill Builder exercises allow students to experience HR as they practice making decisions, working in teams, and participating in role-plays.
- New coverage of current trends in every chapter and updated coverage of changes in the federal laws and regulations are explained in the new edition.
- New HRM in Action videos illustrate fundamental HR functions using a variety of relatable scenarios with assessment questions that challenge students to test their HR knowledge.