This book introduces the basics of Chinese culture. You will discover how to initiate contact, what to expect in meetings, and how to behave there. You will learn the way the Chinese approach negotiations, discover how you can respond to them, and learn how to negotiate a successful conclusion. You will also find out how to socialize for success, how to cope with specific problems of living and working in China, and the best way to treat Chinese visitors to your organization. You are given practical advice throughout on business etiquette, and on how to fit into Chinese cultural expectations in order to achieve your goals. An appendix briefly explains Chinese history, and then considers recent economic, political, and social changes.
If you fit any one of the following descriptions, this book will provide valuable help to you in your chosen field:
- I am a business person and I am thinking of moving into the China market to buy or sell, or I already buy or sell in China, or I am contemplating investing in China.
>br/>- I work for the government and I would like to know more about China, its business practices, and how to deal with the Chinese I meet.
- I am a university professor and I teach a course about doing business in China, or the Chinese economy and society, or cross cultural management problems, or law and international negotiating practices.
- I am a student and I am studying China, or taking courses about cross cultural management, or doing business in China, or international business studies, or negotiating abroad.
For author bio and photo, reviews and a reading sample, go to bosonbooks.com
Bitingduck Press; January 1999
- ISBN: 9781886420557
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Chinese Business Etiquette and Culture
- Author: Kevin Barry Bucknall
Imprint: Boson Books