The book presents emerging economic and environmentally friendly lignocellulosic polymer composites materials that are free from side effects studied in the traditional synthetic materials. This book brings together panels of highly-accomplished leading experts in the field of lignocellulosic polymers & composites from academia, government, as well as research institutions across the globe and encompasses basic studies including preparation, characterization, properties and theory of polymers along with applications addressing new emerging topics of novel issues.
- Provide basic information and clear understanding of the present state and the growing utility of lignocellulosic materials from different natural resources
- Includes contributions from world-renowned experts on lignocellulosic polymer composites and discusses the combination of different kinds of lignocellulosic materials from natural resources
- Discusses the fundamental properties and applications of lignocellulosic polymers in comparison to traditional synthetic materials
- Explores various processing/ mechanical/ physic-chemical aspects of lignocellulosic polymer composites
Wiley; October 2014
- ISBN: 9781118773963
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Lignocellulosic Polymer Composites
Series: Polymer Science and Plastics Engineering
- Author: Vijay Kumar Thakur
About The Author
Vijay Kumar Thakur, Ph.D. is a staff scientist in the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineeringat Washington State University, U.S.A. He is editorial board member of several international journals including Advanced Chemistry Letters, Lignocelluloses, Drug Inventions Today (Elsevier), International Journal of Energy Engineering, Journal of Textile Science & Engineering (U.S.A).
He also member of scientific bodies around the world. His former appointments include as a research scientist in Temasek Laboratories at Nanyang Technological University Singapore, visiting research fellow in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering at Lhu-Taiwan and post-doctorate in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Iowa State University, USA.
In his academic career, he published more than 100 research articles, patent and conference proceedings in the field of polymers and materials science. He has published ten books and twenty-five book chapters on the advanced state-of-the-art of polymers and materials science with numerous publishers. He has extensive expertise in the synthesis of natural and synthetic polymers, nano-materials, nanocomposites, biocomposites, graft copolymers, high performance capacitors and electrochromic materials.