A picture-perfect beginner guide to the new Nikon D5100
Eager to take a shot at using the exciting new Nikon D5100? Then this is the introductory book for you! Aimed at first-time DSLR shooters who need a friendly guide on how to use their camera, this straightforward book is packed with full-color images that help demonstrate how to use features of the Nikon D5100. Coverage explores the on-board effects, low-light settings, and automatic HDR shooting. Clear explanations detail the ways in which you can use the new features of the Nikon D5100 to add unique shots to your portfolio while an explanation of photography terms gets you confident and savvy with this fun DSLR camera.
- Covers basic camera controls and functions, shooting in auto mode, setting photo quality, and navigating menus and the view screen
- Introduces the basics of photography, including the settings that control lighting, exposure, focus, and color
- Addresses the new low-light and HDR settings
- Encourages you to use the new onboard effects features and shares tips for improving images with editing software
Get a grasp on the fun Nikon D5100 with this fun and friendly guide!
Wiley; July 2011
- ISBN: 9781118160053
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Nikon D5100 For Dummies
- Author: Julie Adair King
Imprint: For Dummies
About The Author
Julie Adair King has been writing about digital cameras and photographyfor more than a decade. She is the author of several books on various Nikon andCanon cameras as well as Digital Photography For Dummies, and she teaches beginning digital photographers at the Palm Beach Photographic Centre.