This is a compact but comprehensive guide to writing clearly and effectively in APA style.
- Demonstrates how to write objective scientific research papers using interesting prose
- Incorporates guidelines from the 6th edition of the APA publication manual
- Explores how to develop ideas, connect them to what others have written, and express them clearly
- Discusses the differences between written, oral, and poster presentations and offers instructions for applying APA style to each
Wiley; March 2012
- ISBN: 9781118289099
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: APA Style Simplified
- Author: Bernard C. Beins
About The Author
Bernard C. (Barney) Beins, Ph.D., is professor and chair of psychology at Ithaca College. He is author of about 150 articles, chapters, books, and pedagogical material. He recently received the Charles L. Brewer Distinguished Teaching of Psychology Award from the American Psychological Foundation. He is author with his daughter Agatha of Effective Writing in Psychology: Papers, Posters, and Presentations, 2nd Edition (Wiley-Blackwell, 2012) and Research Methods: A Tool for Life (2008). He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, the Association for Psychological Science, and the Eastern Psychological Association.