The second edition of this book, written by internationally-acclaimed theologian and author Alister E. McGrath, has been completely updated in response to feedback from readers. It retains the clarity and accessibility that made the first edition so popular, whilst expanding its coverage of a range of issues.
- Includes a major new chapter on sacraments and new sections on core topics, including the problem of suffering, the theology of sin, concepts of heaven, and views of the millennium
- Uses the Apostle’s Creed as a framework to introduce readers to key theological issues, such as God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, faith, creation, salvation, atonement, religious history and heaven
- Contains within each chapter an overview of one of these themes, presents relevant biblical passages, and summarizes the contribution of one major theologian
- Written by one of the world’s leading theologians for anyone taking a first short course in Christian theology
- Can be used alongside McGrath's Theology: The Basic Readings for a complete overview of the field
Wiley; June 2013
- ISBN: 9781118725368
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Theology
- Author: Alister E. McGrath
About The Author
Alister E. McGrath is Professor of Historical Theology at Oxford University, and Senior Research Fellow at Harris Manchester College, Oxford. He is the author of numerous popular theology textbooks, including Christian Theology, fourth edition and The Christian Theology Reader, third edition. Readers may wish to use this book in order to make the transition to these more challenging texts.