Containing over 200 articles from prominent scholars, The Encyclopedia of Politics and Religion examines ways in which politics and religion have combined to affect social attitudes, spark collective action and influence policy over the last two hundred years.
With a focus that covers broad themes like millenarian movements and pluralism, and a scope that takes in religious and political systems throughout the world, the Encyclopedia is essential for its contemporary as well as historical coverage.
* Encompasses religions, individuals, geographical regions, institutions and events
* Describes the history of relations between religion and politics
* Longer articles contain brief bibliographies
* Attractively designed and produced
The Encyclopedia of Politics and Religion will be invaluable for any library, public and academic, which serves those interested in politics, sociology, religious studies, international affairs and history.
^ Abortion * Algeria * Anabaptists * China * Christian Democracy * Ethnic Cleansing * Gandhi * Israel * Italy * Jesuits * Jihad * Just War * Missionaries * Moral Majority * Muslim Brethren * Temperance Movements * Unification Church * War * Zionism
Taylor and Francis; December 2013
- ISBN: 9781136284939
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: The Encyclopedia of Politics and Religion
- Author: Robert Wuthnow (ed.)