The third edition of Property Valuation: The Five Methods introduces students to the fundamental principles of property valuation theory by means of clear explanation and worked examples. An ideal text for those new to the subject, the book provides 1st year undergraduate students with a working knowledge and understanding of the five methods of valuation and the ways in which they are interlinked.
In this fully revised edition, the new author team have:
- restructured the chapters to ensure a more logical order
- outlined the economic theory of value and the rules and constraints under which a valuer works
- provided detailed consideration of each of the five recognised approaches
- placed a larger emphasis on the Discounted Cash Flow approach
These revisions are all written in the concise and accessible style which has made previous editions of the book so successful. The new edition of this textbook will be essential reading for undergraduates on all property, real estate, planning and built environment courses.
CRC Press; June 2014
- ISBN: 9781317754343
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Property Valuation
- Author: Douglas Scarrett; Sylvia Osborn
About The Author
Douglas Scarrett is now retired from his last post as Director of Estate Management at De Montfort University where he was previously Deputy Head of the School of Land and Building Studies. He was joint founding editor of the Journal of Property Management and has been an external tutor for the College of Estate Management for the past 25 years.
Sylvia Osborn is Dean of Postgraduate Studies at The College of Estate Management and has worked as a chartered surveyor in two London practices, specialising in valuation and property management. She has worked in higher education for many years, teaching on RICS accredited degree programmes and on leisure property degrees.