A comprehensive introduction, examining both macroscopic and microscopic aspects of the subject, the book applies the theory of thermodynamics to a broad range of materials; from metals, ceramics and other inorganic materials to geological materials.
Focusing on materials rather than the underlying mathematical concepts of the subject, this book will be ideal for the non-specialist requiring an introduction to the energetics and stability of materials. Macroscopic thermodynamic properties are linked to the underlying miscroscopic nature of the materials and trends in important properties are discussed.
- A unique approach covering both macroscopic and microscopic aspects of the subject
- Authors have worldwide reputations in this area
- Fills a gap in the market by featuring a wide range of real up-to-date examples and covering a large amount of materials
Wiley; June 2004
- ISBN: 9780470092675
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Chemical Thermodynamics of Materials
- Author: Svein Stølen; Tor Grande
About The Author
Professor Svein Stolen was born in 1960. He is Professor at the University of Oslo, Norway in the department of Chemistry. His e-mail address is email@example.com Svein has written about 80 scientific research papers, published in journals worldwide.
Professor Tor Grande was born in 1963. He is Professor in the Department of Materials Technology, at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org Tor has written about 80 scientific research papers, published in journals worldwide.