This updated classic gives students the tools they need to successfully transition from high school to college, avoid rookie mistakes, and set themselves up for academic success from day one.
College can be the most exciting time in your life, but it also throws you into the deep end, with new academic and social responsibilities often seeming impossible to juggle. College Rules! will save you time and trouble, setting you up for academic success from the get-go. Whether you’re graduating at the top of your high school class or returning to college as an adult, this updated and expanded edition offers practical advice on how to successfully transition into college. Including tips and strategies that won’t ever be taught in lectures, you’ll learn how to:
- Study smarter—not harder
- Use technology in the classroom
- Choose an app for every occasion
- Excel at time management [Read: Balance homework and parties]
- Stay motivated—even in those “yawn” classes
- Plan a manageable course schedule
- Interact effectively with profs
- Become a research ace—online and at the library
- Survive the stress of exam week
- Set yourself up for stellar recommendations
With sad but true stories that teach tough lessons the easy way and inside scoops that provide advice based on actual research, College Rules! will help you make the most of your college years.
Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale; April 2016
- ISBN: 9781607748533
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: College Rules!, 4th Edition
- Author: Sherrie Nist-Olejnik; Jodi Patrick Holschuh
Imprint: Ten Speed Press
About The Author
Sherrie Nist-Olejnik, PhD, is a professor emeritus at the University of Georgia who lives with her husband in Athens, Georgia.
Jodi Patrick Holschuh, PhD, is a professor and chair in the department of curriculum and instruction at Texas State University who lives with her husband and two children in Austin, Texas. Together they have helped thousands of students transition to college successfully.