This title will be released on April 21, 2020.
Snowy peaks, icy glaciers, glittering lakes, and alpine meadows: answer the call of the wild with Moon Canadian Rockies. Inside you'll find:
With Moon's practical tips and local insight, you can experience the Canadian Rockies your way.
- Strategic, flexible itineraries from day hikes to a two-week Canadian Rockies road trip, designed for outdoor adventurers, families with kids, winter sports enthusiasts, and more
- The best hikes in the Canadian Rockies: Find the right trek for you with details on length, elevation gains, difficulty levels, and trailheads
- Can't-miss outdoor experiences: Hike to incredible vistas and try to spot moose, bighorn sheep, and black bears, or soak in a natural hot spring after a day on the slopes. Ride over a glacier in an Ice Explorer, float through the sky in a mountain gondola, or white-water raft down rivers of snowmelt. Go horseback riding though the Tonquin Valley or fish for your own fresh dinner and camp under the stars
- Expert insight from Banff local Andrew Hempstead on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from campgrounds to luxurious mountain lodges
- Full-color photos, detailed maps of each park, and handy directions, including driving times and mileages, and coverage of gateway towns
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, wildlife, and environment
- In-depth coverage of Banff National Park, Kootenay National Park, Yoho National Park, Jasper National Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, and nearby cities of Banff, Canmore, Jasper, Calgary, Radium Hot Springs, Invermere, Golden, and Kananaskis Country
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip
. Sticking to one park? Check out Moon Banff National Park
or Moon Glacier National Park
Avalon Publishing; April 2020
- ISBN: 9781640498792
- Edition: 10
- Title: Moon Canadian Rockies
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Andrew Hempstead
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of each destination just as his readers do. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife, Dianne, own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.
Andrew and his family live in Banff, Alberta.