Clinical psychologist and anger expert W. Doyle Gentry offers compassionate, practical insight to those with angry loved ones, providing coping strategies that help strengthen emotional intimacy and establish boundaries-and avoid being held hostage to a partner's angry words and behavior.
When Someone You Love Is Angry combines the latest research with real-life testimony, resulting in a survival guide for those exposed to toxic anger, outlining a unique seven-step program to minimize the emotional damage of loving, but angry, relationships:
- Reaching out for support
- Abandoning the eight myths about love and anger
- Recognizing and putting a stop to abusive behavior
- Avoiding facilitation of the anger syndrome
- Refraining from angry responses
- Innoculating oneself against stress
- Exploring one's options
Penguin Publishing Group; September 2004
- ISBN: 9781101204696
- Read online, or download in secure EPUB format
- Title: When Someone You Love Is Angry
- Author: W. Doyle Gentry
About The Author
W. Doyle Gentry, Ph.D., is an author, educator, scientist, consultant and clinical psychologist, whose career spans 30 years. His scholarly work-which includes over 100 professional and scientific publications-is cited as an authoritative source by top anger researchers and therapists. He lectures and gives workshops extensively, both in the United States and abroad. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the prestigious Journal of Behavioral Medicine, a post he has held for more than 25 years.