The new edition of Key Concepts in Gender Studies is a lively and engaging introduction to this dynamic field.
Thoroughly revised throughout, the second edition benefits from the addition of nine new concepts including Gender Social Movements, Intersectionality and Mainstreaming.
Each of the entries:
- begins with a concise definition
- outlines the history of each term and the debates surrounding it
- includes illustrations of how the concept has been applied within the field
- offers examples which allow a critical re-evaluation of the concept
- is cross-referenced with the other key concepts
- ends with guidance on further reading.
A must-buy for undergraduate and postgraduate students in a range of social science and humanities disciplines.
SAGE Publications; December 2016
- ISBN: 9781473965461
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Key Concepts in Gender Studies
Series: SAGE Key Concepts series
- Author: Jane Pilcher; Imelda Whelehan
Imprint: SAGE Publications Ltd
In The Press
Key Concepts in Gender Studies is testament to the interest, energy and dynamism of feminism today. Now in a revised second edition, it must have been incredibly tough to set the limit at 50, but Jane Pilcher and Imelda Whelehan have done it again: produced a book that is lively, important and accessible. With entries that cover key concepts, historical terms, theoretical arguments, and activism from Malala to SlutWalk to transgender, this book offers an excellent introduction to debates in contemporary gender studies.